United Way of Lunenburg County is now accepting applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund to help charities and non-profit organizations serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding has been made available by the Government of Canada and funding streams are being administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. United Way of Lunenburg County is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government.
Si vous avez des questions ou souhaitez présenter une demande de financement au Fonds d’urgence pour l’appui communautaire en français, veuillez communiquer avec nous à FUACemail@example.com.
Who can Apply?
United Way of Lunenburg County will fund organizations that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19.
Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or is otherwise a qualified donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
If you are a not for profit organization you can apply for funding from the Canadian Red Cross.
Important Funding Documents
If you are a Registered Charity below are links to documents necessary to complete an application.
Applications will be accepted ON AN ONGOING BASIS until Friday July 17th. (or while funds last) We anticipate a high volume of requests and are working to ensure that all requests are reviewed as quickly as possible.
For questions not addressed in these resources, please contact,
The United Way of Lunenburg County
902-530-3072 (Voice mail) 902-521-4704 (Cell)
How Can Funds be Used?
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
• Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
• Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
• Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
• Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
• Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
• Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and
What Types of Activities could be Funded?
• Community outreach and engagement
• Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
• Sharing information and knowledge
• Engaging and recruiting volunteers